Homes in Forge Bank cohousing project
Many households choose a smaller home in cohousing than they would choose elsewhere because there are office facilities, shared guest bedrooms and other shared facilities.
1 bed flats - 2 different designs:
- upstairs flat with bed loft (total floor area 54.8m²) 1 remaining
- ground floor flat without bed loft (total floor area 40.4m²) none remaining
2 bed house – (2 storey, total floor area 65.4m²) - with kitchen and living area downstairs none remaining
3 bed house – (2 storey, total floor area 80.8m²)- with kitchen and living area downstairs 2 remaining
3 bed house – (2 storey, total floor area 80.8m²)- with kitchen and living area upstairs none remaining
3 bed house – (3 storey, total floor area 98.1m²)- with kitchen and living area upstairs none remaining
More 3 bedroom homes are now available on Heron Bank. These houses will have private gardens and a parking space.
Note that these designs are current at August 2010 but may be subject to very minor changes as the project progresses.
We have now been granted planning permission, so the home sizes and costs are decided. It won't be possible for each household to design their own specification as it would significantly increase costs.
For all house types we anticipate that:
- The homes will be built to as high an environmental specification as possible within the financial constraints.
- The homes will be built to the super-insulated Passivhaus standard.
- The cohouse will include large living, cooking and dining areas for the use of all residents.
- The design of the other communal facilities includes guest bedrooms, childrens playroom and laundry room, plus storage/workshop space.
We have details of available plots and target prices